Does Apigee Support API Proxy / API deployment to specific region(s) if API Gateways are in different regions ?

Can i pick & choose which region my API Proxy is deployed to if my Apigee Edge Org supports different regions ? If yes, How it can be done on cloud & on OPDK ?

For Example,

Let's say i have an Apigee Edge Org, I would like to have message processors (gateways) in different data centers. 2 in US West , 2 in US East , 3 in Europe & I have purchased multiple DN option in Apigee Edge Enterprise License / Similar datacenters in OPDK.

Now, I have 3 different APIs. I would like to Deploy API-One to US West & API-Two to US East & Europe, API3 to All gateways.

How can i achieve this in Apigee Edge ?

~~Q:S:TC~~

Solved Solved
2 2 1,058
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Two parts:

1) you won't be able to choose a specific number of MPs for a given region. Autoscaling means that we manage the number of MPs to handle the current traffic, scaling up and down as needed. There is one exception in the case where you might be expecting a traffic cliff, e.g. a flash sale, in which case you would be in contact with Apigee support to pre-warm your region ahead of the spike.

2) you can achieve the split via separate environments. You would need an environment for US West, another for US East & Europe and a third one for All. In Apigee Edge Cloud, you would need to work with Apigee support to get your environments set up in the specific regions, you can't do that yourself. In Apigee Edge Private Cloud (OPDK) you would use your system admin privileges when setting up the environments to be associated with your desired data centers.

And even though you already mentioned, just reinforcing, you would have to have purchased a 3-region DN option to be able to do this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Two parts:

1) you won't be able to choose a specific number of MPs for a given region. Autoscaling means that we manage the number of MPs to handle the current traffic, scaling up and down as needed. There is one exception in the case where you might be expecting a traffic cliff, e.g. a flash sale, in which case you would be in contact with Apigee support to pre-warm your region ahead of the spike.

2) you can achieve the split via separate environments. You would need an environment for US West, another for US East & Europe and a third one for All. In Apigee Edge Cloud, you would need to work with Apigee support to get your environments set up in the specific regions, you can't do that yourself. In Apigee Edge Private Cloud (OPDK) you would use your system admin privileges when setting up the environments to be associated with your desired data centers.

And even though you already mentioned, just reinforcing, you would have to have purchased a 3-region DN option to be able to do this.

Awesome, Thank you @mschreuder , +1 , Yes, Just an example i have given the number. I don't need specific number of MPs. Above question is more about regions than MPs.