Smartdocs not available on the second dev portal configured to connect to the same edge and org.

yazinthufael
Participant II

Hello,

I have an on-prem installation of edge 17.01 along with two dev portals connecting to the same edge and org.

However I can't find smartdocs enabled for the second devportal. I've crosschecked the devportal installation and edge configuration. It seemed fine. Is this a default restriction?

While I'm aware that multiple orgs would have been ideal, our scope is restricted to a single org.

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks

Thufael

Solved Solved
0 9 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ahammed Abdulla Thufael

Weird, Looks like Smartdocs related modules are not enabled / You don't have permission to access same. Navigate to "admin/modules" & make sure below modules are enabled.

4733-screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-100819-am.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Ahammed Abdulla Thufael , What do you mean "Can't find Smartdocs enabled" ? Do you see any errors in portal ? What happens when you navigate to "admin/content/smartdocs/models" , Do you see smartdocs link in Admin Menu under content ?

4730-screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-100206-am.png

@Anil Sagar, yes exactly. I don't find it under Admin/content or Admin/configuration.

What happens when you navigate to "admin/content/smartdocs/models" ?

it doesn't go to the smartdocs page, instead lands on the content page itself.

@Ahammed Abdulla Thufael

Weird, Looks like Smartdocs related modules are not enabled / You don't have permission to access same. Navigate to "admin/modules" & make sure below modules are enabled.

4733-screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-100819-am.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

@Anil Sagar yes.. weird. I disabled these modules now and enabled again and that did the trick. Is there any known bug, especially with multiple installations of devportal on the same edge and org

@Ahammed Abdulla Thufael , Looks like a cache / registry isssue. If you have rebuild the registry / cleared all drupal caches using Admin Menu, It should have done the same.

4734-screen-shot-2017-04-26-at-104355-am.png

It looks like one of the issue / your customization / upgrade might have done something to registry. I don't think it's a bug.

You can click on Accept link below the answer if your query is resolved. So that it will be helpful for others too.

@Anil Sagar Thanks for the info. I think both of them can be considered a solution for this.

The concern was that it was not happening on the first devportal. I didn't find a reason for this to happen on the second dp. thanks a lot for your help today. Really appreciate it.

Anytime @Ahammed Abdulla Thufael , Glad it helps.

Let me tell you little secret with Developer Portal,

4735-keep-calm-and-clear-cache-drupal-250.png

Keep us posted moving forward if any.