Apigee Edge IDE for Continuous Integration

We are implementing continuous integration for our API Proxies by having the python deploy script run whenever a check-in is made to a git repository. We really like using the Apigee Edge web IDE to develop proxies as it provides a nice visual for flows & policies as well as giving templates when creating new policies. Is there any way to point that web-based IDE to a local copy of proxy code and use that to develop with? If not, what are the best solutions for Apigee proxy development outside of the web IDE?

An alternative solution is to use our "eval" organization to develop against, export proxy as a zip file, and check that in to source control for our non-eval org. Our goal is to put our proxies behind source control while limiting dev access to our production version of Apigee Edge but maintaining ease of development with Apigee Edge's IDE.

Thank you!

2 3 1,850
3 REPLIES 3

@jeffbrown ,

Great Question, Let me tell you little secret, Many of Apigee Customers doesn't do development on Apigee Edge UI using drag & drops / policy templates. Developers loves coding isn't it ?

You can do the proxy development using XML & Your favorite IDE on your local machine & integrate into CI & CD pipelines using Apigee tools like Maven Plugins , Jenkins, Automated Testing using testing frameworks integrated into CI & CD pipeline.

See 4MV4D below that explains sample local development using XML in your favorite editor,

See an excellent article by @Ozan Seymen here that explains same. Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

Is there any way to connect the Edge UI directly to Git? I think this is a seriously limitation of there is no way. I imagine most who develop against XML locally do this to work around not having SCM integration in the UI.

Excellent question!