Issue With Proxy Generation if SOAP Is Backend Service

Not applicable

Team, There is a small issue with API Proxy generator when SOAP service is selected as a backend service. If SOAP backend serivce is a one-way service meaning Operation in the WSDL defines only input and not the output, this fact is ignored by the proxy generator and it still adds those steps in Target Response which expect presence of the response.content.

For one-way backend service, response content will not be provided by the backend as only ack is provided. This produces error if the generated API is used as-is without edit.

I think this Proxy Generator could take this into account and generate only the required steps in Target Response flow.

0 4 122
4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like a bug in the generator. You can easily remove the unwanted steps for one-way SOAP operations.

@Srinandan Sridhar - making sure you are aware.

"You can easily remove the unwanted steps for one-way SOAP operations." - that's why I said it's a minor issue. But would be good if the tool has that intelligence - would raise user's experience by a bit. 🙂

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, @AshishDesai, that definitely looks like a bug. Do you have sample WSDL I can test against?

You can take any WSDL for with an Operation that has only input and doesn't have the output defined.