Edge UI not showing trace details

Not applicable

I am using an on-prem Apigee installation for development purposes. This is an All-In-One installation on a single node. I am able to deploy API proxies and run them but Trace tab is not showing trace info. I start a debug session by clicking "Start Trace Session" button. Then I hit the proxy using curl or POSTMAN but nothing appears in the Transaction Map area. Please help.

Note: I am able to create a debug session and download debug data by invoking management API and then able to load that data using Offline Trace feature.

0 4 824
4 REPLIES 4

Did you verify mp,ui logs?? It will hard to guess with out the information.

Hi Vinay, I looked at the edge ui logs. It shows that edge ui is creating a debug session. Then it is even retrieving a list of transactions. But then it is not retrieving the transaction data. This data is what is displayed on the UI.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

This is a very curious puzzle.

Can you attach the transaction data (debug session data)? Or show a screencast of what you are doing and seeing?

Hi @suman maity By default, the Edge UI is prevented from referencing private IP addresses (including localhost, 127.0.0.1 etc.). Please follow the instructions on this page to enable it - http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/allowing-trace-tool-access-local-ip-addresses