How to create custom environments

A question on creating customized environments

(By default, it comes up with test, prod). And, while defining proxies APIGee edge UI allows configuring it to test versus production environments. We would like to create more environments based our staging sequence(like alpha, dev etc).

I see this article:

http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/creating-organization-environment-and-virtual-host

Can we create an environment using UI? If so, can you help point to the right apigee documentation for this ?

0 4 1,714
4 REPLIES 4

@manojramakrishnan ,

If you are onCloud, You have paid account, Please contact Apigee Support for additional environments.

If you on on privateCloud / OPDK , Please find documentation here.

If you are using cloud trial account, You only have test & prod.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable

@manojramakrishnan

The article (docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/creating-organization-environment-and-virtual-host) that you are looking at has the right steps to create additional orgs and environments if you are on Private cloud and you cannot create the environments from the UI.

The easiest way is to create using the apigee-provision utility but you can do the same using APIs too.

Each private cloud release has its own organization-and-environment-maintenance document. Pls check your release version before applying the steps.

Not applicable

Dev, Test, and Prod environments come predefined with Edge Start and Pro. For enterprise you have unlimited. See Apigee Pricing Page.

Hi,

Is it possible to hide or unpublish the portal created for test environment for some time.

It should not available across the Internet. I am using Apigee Edge for Public Cloud customer.

Please revert me with the option to achieve this if available.