How to Post data with apikey in postman

Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to POST data with apikey using postman(url-encoded) ie

http://uskploy32.noam.sky.com:9001/vehicle/postVehicleStops?apikey=qw89uhh..

and getting below error.

"fault": { "faultstring": "Failed to resolve API Key variable request.queryparam.apikey", "detail": { "errorcode": "steps.oauth.v2.FailedToResolveAPIKey"

I don't face any issue while doing GET.I suspect i am not doing it right way .

Any suggestion and steps to POST data using apikey.

(Rest services is deployed in TIBCO and configured in Apigee)

Thanks,

Raja

Solved Solved
0 8 20.6K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

@Raja Rakesh Kumar, I believe you are seeing this for verifyApikey policy ? Is that same for your GET and POST . AFAIK you will see this issue when your ref in verifyApikey is null .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Raja Rakesh Kumar can you share a screen shot of the Proxy Trace? Both GET & POST work fine for me.

Not applicable

@Raja Rakesh Kumar, I believe you are seeing this for verifyApikey policy ? Is that same for your GET and POST . AFAIK you will see this issue when your ref in verifyApikey is null .

Not applicable

Thank you...I figured out the error. I was not sending apikey as query param. apikey sent through formdata will not work.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes @Raja Rakesh Kumar you have to use a query param to send it. Alternatively you can also can send it in the header & then you will change the verify api key policy to read it from the header. For eg: If you set a header named api-key, you can reference it in the verify api key policy as request.header.api-key. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Just checking tutorials and also having these error.

As per this tutorial link, we can set the apikey to form parameter as <APIKeyref="request.formparam.apikey"/>

So i'm trying to do a POST method to add form-data key value pair or x-www-form-urlencoded key value pair for the apikey.

Postman is giving me an error of "Cannot POST /".

I tried AssignMessage to change the Verb but POST still didn't work.

I just want to know if this is still possible or maybe a clean sample of POST with sample policies before the Preflow.

@Richmond Faustino , Welcome to Apigee community.

Can you please attach your proxy bundle to better understand your issue ? Looks like targer server don't accept POST method & above error is response from target. You can trace the call in Apigee Edge proxy to find out what's going on.

Keep us posted.

I'm having a similar issue as @Richmond Faustino , however, it's occurring in the extra credit section of the APIKEY part of the tutorial, not anything custom (iow, the target server @ apigee). If you can be more specific about what you need to see as an attachment, I'm happy to add...

@Prithpal Bhogill - added trace. Test conducted entirely within Apigee console, not postman

Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue as @Richmond Faustino , however, it's occurring in the extra credit section of the APIKEY part of the tutorial, not anything custom (iow, the target server @ apigee). If you can be more specific about what you need to see as an attachment, I'm happy to add...

@Prithpal Bhogill - added trace. Test conducted entirely within Apigee console, not postman