Wild card in base path issue on an older private cloud version 14.04

Not applicable

My organization is running an old private version of Apigee which is 1404 which I understand is no longer supported.

The upgrade to 17.01 is officially starting in two weeks. But currently we face a new issue while using Wildcards in basepath.

Following is the base path I configured.....

/v1.0/stores/*/payments

Following are my observations.

1) When i use the basepath AS-IS without substituting any wildcard value(use * as is), the call is delegated to the api proxy as expected.

2) But If I substitute a value in wildcard, I am getting a classification error in Router.

3) Our Test environment instance however is working fine with the wildcard scenario where any substitutions I make in place of the wildcard is properly routed to the target.

What I could not find is that, if there are any patch that was put in to Test system to support this wildcard feature on this .

I welcome any possible solution to temporarily fix the issue until we upgrade to 17.01.

Meanwhile, I raised a request with Apigee support team to resolve the same.

If you need any specific configurations, I would be more than happy to share.

Please let me know.

0 7 785
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Srivatssan Srinivasan. Welcome to the Apigee Community!

The use of wildcards in proxy base paths is a feature that was introduced in 16.05 (private), so I wouldn't expect it to work in 14.04. When literally specifying *, I would expect the behaviour you've described.

Assuming your test instance/cluster is on the same version (14.04), it's not clear to me how this can be working. Given you are upgrading production to 17.01 in two weeks, could it be possible for your test instance to have already been upgraded? I suggest liaising with your system engineers to understand this and work with Apigee Support if still unclear.

Hi, I have the requirement to put basepath like below, v1/dm/*/change.

The * value will be employee or organisation.

If URL=v1/dm/employee/change

I need to call employee target URL.

if URL=v1/dm/organisation/change

I need to call the organisation target URL.

Could anyone please help me with the logic to implement this in APIGEE?

I tried with the below condition, it is not working <Condition>(proxy.pathsuffix LikePath "/employees/") and (request.verb = "POST")</Condition>

thanks Gopala Krishnan Periyasamy

try with proxy.pathsuffix LikePath "**/employees/*"

Thanks to @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena, But still it's not working, I am using the below condition.

<Condition>(proxy.pathsuffix LikePath "**/employees/*") and (request.verb = "POST")</Condition>

please ask new questions with the "Ask a new question" button at the top of the page.

please ask new questions with the "Ask a new question" button at the top of the page.