Apigee Edge Micro Gateway - SOAP to JSON transformation

Is there a way can I develop a proxy in apigee microgateway which does the soap to JSON transformation? Sorry this might be a very basic question but I'm new to micro gateway and looking for what are all the things I can do here and what I can not (oppose to apigee edge private installation).

Solved Solved
0 2 581
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Deepak Gunasekaran (dpk.com@gmail.com)

There is no SOAP to JSON plugin. However, there is a JSON <-> XML plugin. If you are interested in SOAP, then you can write a custom plugin using the "soap" npm module.

View solution in original post

Hi @Deepak Gunasekaran,

Welcome to the Apigee Community. Edge Microgateway uses custom Node.js apps called "plugins" to provide specialized functionality to the microgateway. Edge Micro has a number of plugins that you can use and that are provided with your Edge Micro installation. For example, there's a spike arrest plugin, a quota plugin, json2xml, and more. These existing plugins are listed here.

Note that the policies that are available for proxy development on the Apigee Edge platform cannot be used with Edge Micro.

If you can't find an existing Edge Micro plugin to do what you want, then you could develop a custom plugin, which you need to write in Node.js. We have a custom plugin doc topic that explains how to do this. And, the code for existing plugins is open source and available for you to examine, here. I hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Deepak Gunasekaran (dpk.com@gmail.com)

There is no SOAP to JSON plugin. However, there is a JSON <-> XML plugin. If you are interested in SOAP, then you can write a custom plugin using the "soap" npm module.

Hi @Deepak Gunasekaran,

Welcome to the Apigee Community. Edge Microgateway uses custom Node.js apps called "plugins" to provide specialized functionality to the microgateway. Edge Micro has a number of plugins that you can use and that are provided with your Edge Micro installation. For example, there's a spike arrest plugin, a quota plugin, json2xml, and more. These existing plugins are listed here.

Note that the policies that are available for proxy development on the Apigee Edge platform cannot be used with Edge Micro.

If you can't find an existing Edge Micro plugin to do what you want, then you could develop a custom plugin, which you need to write in Node.js. We have a custom plugin doc topic that explains how to do this. And, the code for existing plugins is open source and available for you to examine, here. I hope this answers your question.