Is there a way to track which proxies are using specific KVM entries within an organization?

Not applicable

Is there a way to track which proxies are using specific KVM entries within an organization? I am interested in tracking dependencies of a specific KVM configuration.

Also specifically not inspecting each API individually.. unless there is a script already written against the Management APIs that would be useful.

From what I can see from the Management API docs, there are ways to list KVM entries, KVMs by org, changes made to the KVMs through the audit log, etc., but no way to track usage. Since references to the KVM are just a string literal in an XML configuration file within a proxy, it may be hard to build new *efficient* tooling for this if the product does not provide a convenient method.

Solved Solved
1 1 396
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is a nodejs script that invokes the management URLs to determine which proxies have policies that use KeyValueMapOperations.

This is probably the wrong way to go about it, in general. Probably you want to do your primary static analysis against the assets stored in the filesystem, rather than against the proxies configured in Edge.

But I can see the value in augmenting the primary static analysis with an analysis of proxies that are configured in Edge.

You are correct that there is not a "built-in" way to track usage of the KVM. If you wanted to do it, you could use the StatisticsCollector policy to augment the analytics collected for every proxy, to record when a KVM was read or written. Then you'd be able to produce analytics reports. But doing this requires that you ensure that every KVM policy is guarded by the appropriate StatisticsCollector policy, so this may be impractical.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Here is a nodejs script that invokes the management URLs to determine which proxies have policies that use KeyValueMapOperations.

This is probably the wrong way to go about it, in general. Probably you want to do your primary static analysis against the assets stored in the filesystem, rather than against the proxies configured in Edge.

But I can see the value in augmenting the primary static analysis with an analysis of proxies that are configured in Edge.

You are correct that there is not a "built-in" way to track usage of the KVM. If you wanted to do it, you could use the StatisticsCollector policy to augment the analytics collected for every proxy, to record when a KVM was read or written. Then you'd be able to produce analytics reports. But doing this requires that you ensure that every KVM policy is guarded by the appropriate StatisticsCollector policy, so this may be impractical.