NoClassDefFoundError on PEMUtil using iloveapis2015-jwt-jwe-jws jwt_signed create-rs256

Not applicable

I want to use JWT access tokens with OAuth 2.0. I downloaded iloveapis2015-jwt-jwe-jws from GitHub, and deployed the jwt_signed sample using apigeetool. The deployment succeeded but attempting to POST the jtw_signed/create-rs256, I received:

{ "fault": { "faultstring": "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.commons.ssl.PEMUtil", "detail": { "errorcode": "Internal Server Error" } } }

I also manually built the jwt_signed callout and redeployed but received the same NoClassDefFoundError.

I checked the deployment and all expected jar files are in place including not-yet-commons-ssl.

Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
1 11 196
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

I can confirm @Dino's suspicion. This is because of the Java security policy that is enforced on the trial orgs. I can run the same JWT proxy with no problems in a demo/paid org.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Can you let me know your organization name, Dave?

It might be due to a new security restriction we've put into place.

Organization is davebrann. I'm using a trial account currently.

Hi Dino, did you verify the issue is the new security restriction? thanks...

Former Community Member
Not applicable

I can confirm @Dino's suspicion. This is because of the Java security policy that is enforced on the trial orgs. I can run the same JWT proxy with no problems in a demo/paid org.

Thanks for the response. Can you lift this restriction for my trail account? I'm evaluation APIM solutions and really need to test with JWT tokens. Thanks.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

There is no way to lift the restriction. However, we can add you to an org that doesn't have this restriction. Before I do that, are you working with anyone in the Apigee sales organization? If yes, may I please have their name?

I'm not working with anyone from Apigee sales. I just set up the trial via the web site.

Hello Srinandan, I'd still like to have access to an organization that doesn't have the Java callout restriction. Can you do this for me, please? Thanks, Dave

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Certainly Dave. Please allow me some time.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Dave, I have added you to a paid org. You should receive an email with the org name. Please log out and try with that org.

I am able to access the org. Thanks!