Is servicecallout.requesturi set every time ServiceCallout runs?

sgilson
Participant V

In the dump of my trace session for an API proxy that uses ServiceCallout, I see the variable "servicecallout.requesturi"being set. But that poperty is not listed in the doc.

Is it set on every execution of the Service Callout policy?

Thanks,

Stephen

<VariableAccess>
  <Set success="true"value="/api/geocode/json?address=08008&region=us&sensor=false"name="servicecallout.requesturi"/>

<Set success="true"value="http://maps.googleapis.commaps/api/geocode/json"name="servicecallout.ExecuteGeocodingRequest.target.url"/>

</VariableAccess>  
Solved Solved
1 10 1,999
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sarthak
Participant V

Yes, As far as my knowledge goes this variable is set after the execution of the Service Callout policy . So yes it should be set after every service callout execution.

View solution in original post

Do we have any impact of this variable on multiple service callout policies getting called in a flow?

I have 3 service callout policies where in third policy is failing to execute and in the trace of that policy the servicecallout.requesturi variable has got the request uri of first service callout policy appended at the end of its own requesturi.

I am not sure why it is not working all of a sudden since the last two service callouts were working fine and then I added first one later.

Do we have any provision to remove this flow variable value?

Thanks,

Santosh

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

sarthak
Participant V

Yes, As far as my knowledge goes this variable is set after the execution of the Service Callout policy . So yes it should be set after every service callout execution.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Floyd Jones do we need to capture this in the docs somewhere?

Prithpal, I can add it.

Do we have any impact of this variable on multiple service callout policies getting called in a flow?

I have 3 service callout policies where in third policy is failing to execute and in the trace of that policy the servicecallout.requesturi variable has got the request uri of first service callout policy appended at the end of its own requesturi.

I am not sure why it is not working all of a sudden since the last two service callouts were working fine and then I added first one later.

Do we have any provision to remove this flow variable value?

Thanks,

Santosh

Can anybody please help on my issue given above.

Thanks,

Santosh

@santosh_ghalsasi , Can you please post same as a new question. Above question is answered & accepted by the original poster. By Posting a new question, You will get better response from community & easy to track same. Thank you.

@santosh_ghalsasi We just dealt with a similar issue. We found that the problem seemed to be related to the request variable name. We were sharing this variable between two service callout policies (presumably we just copy-pasted the policy and forgot to change the variable names), and this was causing issues similar to what you're describing.

So for example, we had two policies, like this:

<ServiceCallout name="Service-Callout-One">
    <DisplayName>Service-Callout-One</DisplayName>
    <Request clearPayload="true" variable="requestOne"> <!-- Notice the variable here -->
    <!-- ... -->
</ServiceCallout>
<ServiceCallout name="Service-Callout-Two">
    <DisplayName>Service-Callout-Two</DisplayName>
    <Request clearPayload="true" variable="requestOne"> <!-- Same variable as previous request-->
    <!-- ... -->
</ServiceCallout>

Notice that both callouts are using the same variable `requestOne`. When we changed the variable for the second request, our issues went away.

Hope that helps!

Hi @epackwood,

Thanks for help.! This indeed was a problem with me as well and I corrected it and resolved it.

Thanks,

Santosh

Thanks for the help

@Rohit Balaji , Answers are strictly for answers, please use comments for feedback.