Developer portal on Acquia - few queries

Not applicable

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate our developer portal to migrate to Acquia site hosting platform. We are already in touch of support for the same but before migration I wanted to investigate few things which are :

1. After migration of developer portal to Acquia, does APIGEE push patch updates/ bug fixes of dev portal to the one hosted on Acquia as well?

2. Do I get three environments similar to Pantheon on Acquia??

3. Is migration of dev portal from one environment to another will be similar to Panthoen?

4. What other things I need to keep in mind??

Please share your experience/feedback if you have already done or know about it.

@Anil Sagar @Dino @Gitesh Koli Tagging you just in case if you can give some suggestions on this side or know a person who can help me out.

1 4 1,203
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

No Answers?? 😞

@Vipul Agarwal. Sorry for the late reply. With the hosting we provide in partnership with Pantheon we have what is sometimes described as a full distribution of Drupal. Switching to Acquia would normally be difficult to support because we have the full distribution. However, we are currently working to move to Drupal's open source model, and may have ability for you to accept updates to our modules via the standard contrib modules updates procedures. This is still in the works, so I'll have to get information on timelines.

We have used Acquia for some other projects and I have found them to be a great partner. You do indeed get three environments, and have a variety of options on how to setup your repo.

@abeatty Can you provide more details about the differences between the environment on Acquia and the environment on Pantheon.

Additionally, are there any more details about the project that you mentioned to move to Drupal's open source model?

Thanks

I raised this question separately here and obtained an answer:

https://community.apigee.com/answers/48548/view.html