Postgres installation error - Apigee On-premises configuration

I am trying to setup apigee on-premises, as a standalone configuration on a remote server that is not connected to the internet. When i run the apigee-setup.sh, I get an error for postgres setup and the setup process exits.

I used the profile option for setup as - aio

Setting up Group Process http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 7 - "Failed to connect to 2001:4800:1501:1::196: Network is unreachable" Trying other mirror. http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 7 - "Failed to connect to 2001:4800:1501:1::196: Network is unreachable" Trying other mirror. Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: pgdg93. Please verify its path and try again

Is there any way to resolve this? I cant get internet access on this server. I only have ftp access to transfer files.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,203
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Nagashree B,

The apigee-setup.sh script is trying to go out to the internet to the postgres yum server and failing because you do not have internet access. The requirement to go out to a yum server in order to install postgres was introduced in the 14.07 OPDK version. This requirement is documented in the OPDK Install and Configuration Guide.

To get past this error, you can get the rpm packages from another server that has internet access and put those files locally on your Apigee node. If you are running RHEL 6.5, you should find the postgres packages from this yum repro:

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/

Here are the packages that you will need to install,

postgresql93-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postgresql93-libs-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postgresql93-server-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postfix-2.6.6-6.el6_5.x86_64

postgresql93-contrib-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

Install using:

yum localinstall postgresql93-*

Please also take a look at the OPDK Install and Configuration Guide, there are other packages that need to be installed as prerequisites.

We also ship with some prerequisite script checkers to make sure you have all the required dependancies before you actually run the apigee-setup.sh. Please run these scripts to make sure all the prerequisites are on your node before you run the apigee-setup.sh installer script. /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-qpid-install-prerequisites.sh /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-postgres-install-prerequisites.sh /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-openldap-install-prerequisites.sh

Once all prerequisites are complete, you should be able to installer successfully.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Nagashree B,

The apigee-setup.sh script is trying to go out to the internet to the postgres yum server and failing because you do not have internet access. The requirement to go out to a yum server in order to install postgres was introduced in the 14.07 OPDK version. This requirement is documented in the OPDK Install and Configuration Guide.

To get past this error, you can get the rpm packages from another server that has internet access and put those files locally on your Apigee node. If you are running RHEL 6.5, you should find the postgres packages from this yum repro:

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/

Here are the packages that you will need to install,

postgresql93-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postgresql93-libs-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postgresql93-server-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

postfix-2.6.6-6.el6_5.x86_64

postgresql93-contrib-9.3.6-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

Install using:

yum localinstall postgresql93-*

Please also take a look at the OPDK Install and Configuration Guide, there are other packages that need to be installed as prerequisites.

We also ship with some prerequisite script checkers to make sure you have all the required dependancies before you actually run the apigee-setup.sh. Please run these scripts to make sure all the prerequisites are on your node before you run the apigee-setup.sh installer script. /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-qpid-install-prerequisites.sh /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-postgres-install-prerequisites.sh /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-openldap-install-prerequisites.sh

Once all prerequisites are complete, you should be able to installer successfully.

Thanks!

If you don not have external access to the internet or internally mirrored repositories you can not use yum. Instead, copy the the RPMs locally and run:

rpm -Uvh postgresql93*.rpm

Thank You Janice. I did check the OPDK Installation and Configuration GUide and it clearly says you need internet access to get the postgres setup. However our internal IT team doesn't give access to internet from the VM :(.

I will try the local installation as suggested by you and get back on the results.

The postgres problem is resolved now. Thanks a ton.