How to filter out access using geolocation

Not applicable

I can i use the target.country to restrict access? this is on top of the IP filtering that can be used.

target.countryScope begins: Target response
Type: String
Permission: Read

Country of the TLS/SSL certificate presented by the target server

0 3 422
3 REPLIES 3

Can you please elaborate more on what you want to do? Use more words, more sentences. Clarify.

Just one note: the target.country is a variable that is set by Apigee Edge AFTER it has contacted the BACKEND server, and if and only if that backend server presents a TLS certificate. If you wish to restrict callers INTO your API Proxies, obviously you will need to take action BEFORE contacting the backend, and you will need to use something that identifies the caller, and not something that identifies the target. But I am not clear that you want to restrict callers INTO your API Proxies, because you didn't state that in your question. I'm guessing.

Not applicable

I am trying out new security patterns which covers both upstream and downstream security.

1) As additional security I was trying to add was to get the details of backend using Target.country.

2) Detecting geolocation using some Apigee feature for better roundtrip time and performance.

Target.country and a similar equivalent for source country identification.

As this is experimental for me so I might not be able to give additional info but hopefully I have conveyed the message.

were you able to sort out on how to filter/handle request by geolocation?