out of the box public rendering of API not working

Not applicable

Authenticated users is the only role that can't view a published API which is out of the box feature. We have gone cross eyed trying to find solution. Can you give us some places to look or possible solutions to this?

Solved Solved
0 9 210
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rpet2
Participant I

Hi Eric, does the authenticated user have the "View published content" permission enabled on the Drupal permissions page? (admin/people/permissions) There are no permissions for viewing individual content types unless you have something like Node Access module turned on, and if you do, I know there is a link on the Status Report page to rebuild all the node access permissions. Maybe just a couple things you can check out.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@eric.smith1 , Are you using new Edge UI Portal or Drupal based developer portal ?

@Anil Sagar Drupal based

@eric.smith1 , Are you looking for access control of smartdocs ? Would you like to restrict access to some users ? What do you mean "out of the box public rendering of API not working" ?

When the API is published in the Dev Portal, it is not discoverable by authenticated users but is discoverable by admin and additional roles that we have added.

@eric.smith1 , It's strange, Are you using any content access control module ? Ideally it should be open for all when you render Smartdocs out of the box. Community might need more details to help you. Above information is not enough to find out what exactly is the reason behind same. You might need to contact DevPortal team who is managing your portal.

@Gitesh Koli helped us out. It was the Node Access Permissions and the need to rebuild them that was the problem. Thanks for trying to help @Anil Sagar I didn't give you much to go on I know.

Glad to know @eric.smith1 , Thank you @Gitesh Koli !!

rpet2
Participant I

Hi Eric, does the authenticated user have the "View published content" permission enabled on the Drupal permissions page? (admin/people/permissions) There are no permissions for viewing individual content types unless you have something like Node Access module turned on, and if you do, I know there is a link on the Status Report page to rebuild all the node access permissions. Maybe just a couple things you can check out.

Not applicable

@Gitesh Koli helped us out. It was the Node Access Permissions and the need to rebuild them that was the problem. Thanks for trying to help @Anil Sagar I didn't give you much to go on I know.