Is an auto generated Email sent when you adding user to Developer Portal?

1. We are going to be migrating users from Edge to the developer portal. From my understanding this will cause user to have to provided/reset their passwords. We do NOT want an emails sent, as this is just a test. So are email sent to user informing them of this change automatically?

2. Is there away to see which Edge instance are tied to the Developer Portals? Currently we have:

• Local portal
  • Dev portal
  • Test portal
  • Live portal

How do i know/see which Edge they are associate with?

Solved Solved
1 3 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@John Banning ,

Please find answers inline below,

Is there away to see which Edge instance are tied to the Developer Portals? How do i know/see which Edge they are associate with? Currently we have:
  • Local portal
  • Dev portal
  • Test portal
  • Live portal

Most likely, All your Developer Portal environments might be pointed to same org, You can find same by navigating to "admin/config/devconnect" as portal admin. See screenshot below for reference.

4406-screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-8-21-06-pm.png

It's possible to point different developer portal environments to different orgs. You need to use drush commands to update these settings. For more info regarding same, refer community question here.

We are going to be migrating users from Edge to the developer portal. From my understanding this will cause user to have to provided/reset their passwords. We do NOT want an emails sent, as this is just a test. So are email sent to user informing them of this change automatically?

I believe you are planning to use Developer Portal sync functionality, I just verified same, Developer Portal doesn't send any emails when you do sync. Remember, Apigee Edge doesn't have any password field when you create Developer. So there is no question of reset existing password unless developers are registered in some other platform. Developers can use forgot password option when they try to login first time into Developer Portal after migration.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@John Banning ,

Please find answers inline below,

Is there away to see which Edge instance are tied to the Developer Portals? How do i know/see which Edge they are associate with? Currently we have:
  • Local portal
  • Dev portal
  • Test portal
  • Live portal

Most likely, All your Developer Portal environments might be pointed to same org, You can find same by navigating to "admin/config/devconnect" as portal admin. See screenshot below for reference.

4406-screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-8-21-06-pm.png

It's possible to point different developer portal environments to different orgs. You need to use drush commands to update these settings. For more info regarding same, refer community question here.

We are going to be migrating users from Edge to the developer portal. From my understanding this will cause user to have to provided/reset their passwords. We do NOT want an emails sent, as this is just a test. So are email sent to user informing them of this change automatically?

I believe you are planning to use Developer Portal sync functionality, I just verified same, Developer Portal doesn't send any emails when you do sync. Remember, Apigee Edge doesn't have any password field when you create Developer. So there is no question of reset existing password unless developers are registered in some other platform. Developers can use forgot password option when they try to login first time into Developer Portal after migration.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.

@Anil Sagar I wanted to follow up on this thread.

Although, an email is not sent to the user on the sync, an email is generated and sent to the admin that a user was created. The email looks similar to this:

##################################

auto_member_hcldemo0

(https://live-xxxxxx.devportal.apigee.com/users/automemberhcldemo0) has created account.

Edit user: https://live-xxxxxxxx.devportal.apigee.com/user/6385/edit

Delete User: https://live-xxxxxxx.devportal.apigee.com/user/6385/delete

User Status: approved

##################################

Is there any way to disable this email?

@John Banning , Yes, Navigate to "admin/modules" & disable "Devconnect Admin notification" module. Also, Please Accept answer (Click on Accept link below answer) if your query is resolved so that it will be helpful for others.