Is there a way to get the custom report for a specific user?

Not applicable

Apigee custom report gets all the report for all the developers. Is there a way I can just get report for a specific developer? For example I used my account to log-in in a organization with multiple users, is there a way that the custom report reflects only the specific logged-in user and not display all the reports for all users? I am aware of the filtering capability of the Apigee Custom Report but I need it to be dynamic and not just set the specific value of the user let's say developer email = 'developer@dev.com'. I need it to get the logged in user email and automatically just get the report that is related to the logged in user.

0 10 671
10 REPLIES 10

@Junnes Ashley Pineda

You mean filtering the custom reports by report created by specifc user in the UI / You are looking for an API where you can filter custom reports by created user ?

There is just 1 custom report for all the users. But, when a user try to open the report, he should only see his report and not see other users report.

Can you please explain what do you mean users ? You mean developers who created apps ?

@Junnes Ashley Pineda ,

You can add filters to custom reports, While creating reports just use the filter at bottom. See below screenshot for reference.

4405-screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-35740-pm.png

If you have existing report, Edit the report, add below condition in filters,

(developer_email eq 'example@example.com')

I already did this. But what I need is that the Value should dynamically change based on the logged in user.

@Junnes Ashley Pineda , What do you mean logged in user ? Developer Email refers to App Developer, You are referring to Apigee Edge Org Admin. They are two different personas. Developer Email in custom reports refers to App Developer who is making API calls through the keys. You are referring to Apigee Edge Org Administrator which no way related to the Developer Email in custom reports. Might be they have same email , But conceptually it won't go together. Please re-think about what exactly you are trying to achieve. Am i missing something here ?

For example, the Developer Emails that are set in the Developers is similar to the User account that is used to log in to Apigee, how can I dynamically change the value of the developer email in the custom report filtering to the corresponding logged in account. Or is this possible to happen?

They are two different personas. Developer Email in custom reports refers to App Developer who is making API calls through the keys. You are referring to Apigee Edge Org Administrator which no way related to the Developer Email in custom reports. Might be they have same email , But conceptually it won't go together. Please re-think about what exactly you are trying to achieve

Okay, thanks for the inputs Anil.

Anytime 🙂 Please keep us posted moving forward if any.