New Developer Portal - Blockers to Production

kkleva
Participant V

Hello,

I've been looking over the new developer portal functionality in 'new' Edge. I like it! And it certainly simplifies what we have to do in terms of managing our API specifications.

However, there are a couple key blockers that are preventing us to use it in production so I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any workarounds.

Here is a rundown. I'd appreciate if anyone has thought up any way to solve for these:

• There doesn't appear to be a way to expose custom attributes for developer. I see there are API calls going on in the background to get some information about the developer but it doesn't seem to support getting additional information.
  • Doesn't appear to be a way to restrict which APIs / Products that are exposed to guest or logged in users.

Overall, I think we would be able to get around all this if we could somehow 'proxy' the developer portal APIs so we may add in the functionality we'd like to see on top of the resources that are exposed. I see most of the code depends on a variable that sets the path for the API like so:

<script> //define api path before including libraries var api = "portals/api/sites/xxxxx"; </script>

Is it possible to proxy the portals APIs so we can add in some of our own functionality? Are there any work around for the blockers I've mentioned above?

0 0 430
0 REPLIES 0