WSDL update

Not applicable

Hello Guys,

In my project, we have frequent updates to same wsdl (like adding or removing fields) to already registered API proxy. Is there a graceful way to re-register updated wsdl instead of removing and adding proxy again for every update.

Please help

THanks,

Praveen

Hello Guys,

In our environment, we have frequent update to same wsdl like adding field or removing some fields.

Is there a feature in apigee to just make such updates while doing SOAP proxy?

Or we have to completely delete and create a fresh API proxy with new wsdl?

0 3 431
3 REPLIES 3

@praveenkumar.kithuvaramesh , Welcome to Apigee community.

You can make changes in your API Proxy when ever something changes in target using Develop tab. API Proxy SOAP to REST wizard is just a quick way to do SOAP to REST conversion. Actually many Apigee Developers does API Proxy development including SOAP to REST from scratch by adding policies instead of using UI API Proxy create SOAP to REST wizard.

One of the fundamental feature of Apigee Edge is making API changes in proxy layer & upgrade APIs as needed without disrupting traffic. Apigee supports zero down time deployments. You can edit the proxy & make changes as needed.

Just to update proxy details you don't need to delete & recreate it. Edit policies inside proxy to reflect changes & save it as updated revision, deploy to environment.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Anil. I do only soap pass=thru proxy. In develop tab I don't see a reference to wsdl location or a way to update changes of wsdl.

@praveenkumar.kithuvaramesh , Wizard just creates bunch of policies to do soap to rest conversion. You might need to modify policies to reflect wsdl changes. You can refer docs to learn more about Apigee Edge Concepts & Policies.