Java-callout sample is not able to deploy

Not applicable

Hi, I have downloaded this sample from GitHub and trying to deploy it and it's giving error as "Organization doesn't exists". Not sure why it is giving like that. Observe that one jar file is called in the policy but that jar file don't exists in this sample only source code is there for java.

Please help me to exexute this sample.

Solved Solved
0 3 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Swapna,

For the deploy problem, did you edit /setup/setenv.sh? That file is where you need to set your org name, and other Edge account information. You need to clone or download the zip for the entire api-proxy-samples repo to get this file.

The JAR file (CityLookup.jar) is located in apiproxy/resources/java.

Hope that helps. There's also more information about this sample here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Swapna,

For the deploy problem, did you edit /setup/setenv.sh? That file is where you need to set your org name, and other Edge account information. You need to clone or download the zip for the entire api-proxy-samples repo to get this file.

The JAR file (CityLookup.jar) is located in apiproxy/resources/java.

Hope that helps. There's also more information about this sample here.

Not applicable

Thanks Wwitman. I have downloaded this sample from GitHub and zip the proxy and deployed it thru UI as API Bundle. Then It was given this problem. Now, I have tried by using script then It's working fine.

I have one more question on this. If we are not able build a logic/complex logic in java script and have a requirement to connect to the oracle data base to fetch/update the values or needs to call a back-end service in proxy then only we can go for the Java-callout right. Correct me If I'm wrong. Thanks!

Hi Swapna,

Could you please post your database connectivity question as a new question to the forum with a new subject line. That way more people can see and comment on it who are qualified to provide an answer. (More qualified than I am).

Good to hear you got the deploy to work. I'll try uploading the zip file as you did, to see if I have the same problem that you had initially.

Will