QPID Dead Letter Queues

Not applicable

Hello,

We have an issue where two of our QPID dead letter queues have filled up causing the following error to show repeatedly in our logs:

2017-02-09 17:07:26 error Unexpected exception: Enqueue capacity threshold exceeded on queue "ax-q-axgroup001-consumergroup1-dl". (JournalImpl.cpp:597)

It appears that the two queues that are filling up are bound to the ax-ex-axgroup001-dl exchange:

./qpid-config -b exchanges  ax-ex-axgroup001-dl
Exchange 'ax-ex-axgroup001-dl' (fanout)
    bind [] => ax-q-axgroup001-consumergroup1-dl
    bind [] => ax-q-axgroup001-consumergroup2-dl

How do I find out what is placing messages into this exchange and how do I stop them?

We do not seem to have any loss of analytics data. We have considered purging the queues, but I think that will just be a stopgap until the queue fills again.

Our environment includes four QPID servers split across two datacenters.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Ash

1 5 785
5 REPLIES 5

Great Question @Ash Stirling , See an article here that talks about same issue. Keep us posted if any.

Thanks, @Anil Sagar.

I have read that article in my research of the issue, but unfortunately it only covers resizing the queues. The queues in my case are dead letter queues and there is no consumer for these queues as far as I can tell. The messages just get parked here, presumably to be manually handled, so it's not a matter of the queue needing to be enlarged so messages can flow.

I'll post back if I figure anything else out.

Cheers,

- Ash

@Ash Stirling, Got it, In the mean time please feel free to open a support ticket with Apigee. I will keep you posted if i come across any.

Just found this article: https://community.apigee.com/articles/8512/qpid-rejecting-messages-with-no-sink-found-for-qua.html

I am thinking this might be my issue - that the messages are getting rejected and then dumped into the dead letter queue. I do see these errors in my log (and we are running 15.04 still).

We'll try the steps in that article in the next couple of days and see if that stems the flow.

Cheers,

- Ash

Awesome, Keep us posted @Ash Stirling