Way to disable/hide 'Regenerate key' button on edgeui

Hi,

Is there a way to hide/disable 'Regenerate key' button on edgeui?

Not sure if we can achieve this by assigning permission to a user role so the users in that role will not able to click/see the button?

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 1 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I assume you are using the on-premises Edge product, because that button is no longer present in the Edge SaaS product. It was removed in October 2016 when we modified the "developer app details" page to have more capability. For example, the ability to set the expiry of the credential, or the ability to revoke credentials, etc.

There are two ways to remove the button:

1. Upgrade to Apigee Edge 17.01.
  2. If you don't want to upgrade, you can disable that button with a Tampermonkey script. I won't give you an example, because really this is something you should be careful doing.

But be aware that moving to Edge 17.01, you don't actually lose the ability to generate new credentials. That page actually gets more capability.

This new UI is described in this article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I assume you are using the on-premises Edge product, because that button is no longer present in the Edge SaaS product. It was removed in October 2016 when we modified the "developer app details" page to have more capability. For example, the ability to set the expiry of the credential, or the ability to revoke credentials, etc.

There are two ways to remove the button:

1. Upgrade to Apigee Edge 17.01.
  2. If you don't want to upgrade, you can disable that button with a Tampermonkey script. I won't give you an example, because really this is something you should be careful doing.

But be aware that moving to Edge 17.01, you don't actually lose the ability to generate new credentials. That page actually gets more capability.

This new UI is described in this article.