Edge MicroGateway cannot get publickey

Not applicable

Hi,

I've been trying to set up and configure my Edge Microgateway by following the steps here, http://docs.apigee.com/microgateway/latest/setting-and-configuring-edge-microgateway, but each time I run the command to configure the proxy, I get a 404 error, even though the proxy gets deployed properly.

I'm running the command:

edgemicro configure -o dsi -e test -u <email> -p <password>

(where email and password is the email and password that I use to login to Apigee)

After it runs, this is the output:

current nodejs version is v6.7.0
current edgemicro version is 2.3.1
file doesn't exist, setting up
Give me a minute or two... this can take a while...
App edgemicro-auth deployed.
{ Error: cannot GET https://dsi-test.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/publicKey (404)
    at translateError (C:\Users\duy.vu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\cli\lib\cert-lib.js:379:11)
    at Request._callback (C:\Users\duy.vu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\cli\lib\cert-lib.js:400:11)
    at Request.self.callback (C:\Users\duy.vu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:186:22)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\Users\duy.vu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1081:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Users\duy.vu\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1001:12)
    at IncomingMessage.g (events.js:291:16)
    at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)
  text: '<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html>\n<head>\n<title>Error</title>\n<style>\n    body {\n        width: 35em;\n        margin: 0 auto;\n        font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;\n    }\n</style>\n</head>\n<body>\n<h1>An error occurred.</h1>\n<p>Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.<br/>\nPlease try again later.</p>\n</body>\n</html>\n' }

When I login to the API Lifecycle Management page, I see that it does create the "edgemicro-auth" proxy, but I get the same "Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later." message when hitting the URL. Furthermore, I notice that it does properly generate the yaml configuration file, so not sure what's going on.

I'm new to Apigee, so can someone provide some insight into what is causing this issue and what I should do to fix it?

Thanks,

Duy Vu

0 13 393
13 REPLIES 13

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Duy Vu

As of now, Edge Microgateway does not work with trial accounts. If you are a customer or prospect, please reach out to your sales rep and they'll help get access to a paid account. If you don't know who your sales rep is, please reach out to: edgesalesteam@google.com

@Srinandan Sridhar

Thanks for getting back to me, I have now contacted a sales rep to get and try out the paid account features. In the meantime, I tried to add a new API Proxy using the instructions here, but I still get the same error when I try to hit the deployment URL.

After following the tutorial, here is my API Proxy:

4302-helloworldproxy.png

When I try to hit the target URL, that works fine, but when I try to hit the deployment URL, this is what I get:

4301-proxyerror.png

This should work for a trial account, right? I'm not sure what's going wrong, any ideas?

Thanks,

Duy Vu

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Can you please add me to the org? i'll take a look. ssridhar at apigee dot com.

Hey @Srinandan Sridhar,

I'm not sure if you got a chance to take a look at it, but I did add you to my organization on Friday night. Also, I've been following the responses from the thread here, and I think that this is the problem that I've been running into.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Duy Vu, I think there's problem with the org that has been provisioned. I'm going to find out more from support.

Alright, thanks @Srinandan Sridhar!

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Duy Vu, I was told that the org name has a restriction of being in lower case (dashes are ok) only. I think you might have tried DSI in upper case. This may cause problems with the DNS. May I request you create a new org with all lower case letters?

@Srinandan Sridhar, not sure if you've had a chance to catch up on the thread yet, but I tagged you in the thread here: https://community.apigee.com/questions/37479/404-on-all-proxies-free-trial-account.html

As I understand it, I'm not able to create another org, since I'm currently using a free trial account. It seems that Karl was able to fix the issue with uppercases in the org name, so I was wondering if you could do the same?

Thank you,

Duy Vu

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@Duy Vu, I don't have the same level of access as Karl. I have pinged the support team (which Karl is a part of). They are going to fix it. If you don't hear from them by EoD, please ping Jordan and I.

Alright, thank you, @Srinandan Sridhar!

Hi

i am also having the same error while i am following the steps. I am using Company paid account setup , but still issue exists ? Any idea

] { Error: cannot GET https://aa-dev-dev.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/publicKey (404) at translateError (C:\\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\cli\lib\cert-lib.js:365:15)

please ask a new question, rather than inserting a question into a comment of a 2.5 year-old thread.

9382-ask-a-question.png

Though it is 2.5 year old thread ,that is exactly same as is issue happening . So not to loose connectivity i posted here . i can repost as new thread