How can we change login mechanism in the new developer portal?

Not applicable

Hi,

The new developer portal allows users to login with an email address and a one time link is sent to the email address. Is there a way to change this to a username/password based login?

Thanks,

Jaskaran

Solved Solved
5 10 530
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The new portals do not offer username/password today, but this is on our roadmap. Since a password reset flow often depends on an email verification dance, we delivered that option first and will offer other identification options later.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Good question. Maybe @Marsh Gardiner has a tip?

@jaskarangump

As far as i know, It's not available at this point of time.

@Marsh Gardiner knows whether it's supported in future / need to leverage Drupal based portal for heavy stuff.

The new portals do not offer username/password today, but this is on our roadmap. Since a password reset flow often depends on an email verification dance, we delivered that option first and will offer other identification options later.

Thanks @Marsh Gardiner - Can you share when this might be available.

I can't predict with certainty at this time, sorry! It is a high priority, though, if that helps.

Is this supported yet? Or any news? We're trying to use a login with credentials to our dev portal, but can't find anything on it.

We added username/password support in beta last year: https://apigee.com/about/blog/api-technology/announcing-enhancements-apigee-integrated-developer-por... , and we're working on graduating that to general availability soon.

Yes, for the password reset required email authentication.

My Idea:

Integration of SSO login (which can be done by SAML or LDAP module etc ),

Which allow the use access to login with username and password.

Thanks

-Elango.

SAML support is currently in development.

the user management functionality on 'lite' developer portal needs improvement (capatcha, additional fields on registration form etc)