Possibility of updating (adding products) to an existing rate plan

Not applicable

Hi,

We are using Monetization however we are only using the rate plan as a way to count successful requests. We have a transaction recording policy that categorizes a range of return codes as success and we download the revenue report monthly and run our own analysis on it as we have complex billing rules depending on success code. The success code also is used to calculate some additional metrics we require in order to determine our own costs with a third party supplier. We do not use the developer portal as we have a different sale channel and so we set up developers and their acceptance of rate plans ourselves.

This all means that we don't require different rate plans or packages. Ideally we would just be able to add new products to our existing package and rate plan. We have a large number of developers and will have an ever increasing number of products (potentially hundreds - delivered incrementally). Without being able to add products to an existing package we will have to continually create new packages and rate plans run the rest requests to add hundreds of developers to the new rate plans. We can automate this but a far simpler and robust solution for us would be to be able to add these new products to an existing package (and associated rate plan).

I understand that Apigee do not allow packages and rate plans to be easily deleted and I can see the need to preserve Monetization records however I don't see why there would be a problem adding products to an existing package (of course there may be things I am not aware about in how Apigee handles Monetization).

Is there any way to update a rate plan to add new products?

If not is this something that Apigee have on their current roadmap?

0 1 316
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hi @Mark Brady

Currently, Apigee does not support the modification of packages, the reasoning is in the documentation here:

http://apigee.com/docs/monetization/content/create-api-packages#about-deleting-api-packages