Request sent to target server display undefined because of Statistics Collector policy

choonghyun
Participant I

Request sent to target server display undefined because of Statistics Collector policy

If I do not use Statistics Collector policy I may see the Request sent to target server URL on the Trace

one with Statistics Collector policy

4217-capture.png

one without Statistics Collector policy

4218-capture1.png

Statistics Collector policy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<StatisticsCollector async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="stat-common">
    <DisplayName>stat-common</DisplayName>
    <Statistics>
        <Statistic name="stb" ref="request.queryparam.stb_id" type="STRING">NO DEVICE</Statistic>
    </Statistics>
</StatisticsCollector>

Anything I missed or Anything I did wrong please correct me to see the Request sent to target server URL.

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 12 1,472
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @choonghyun - Looks like this is a bug. Will open a ticket and followup. Just to be sure, can you confirm which version of Edge are you using ? Cloud or OnPrem ? If OnPrem, which version - so that we can test, provide patch accordingly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @choonghyun - Looks like this is a bug. Will open a ticket and followup. Just to be sure, can you confirm which version of Edge are you using ? Cloud or OnPrem ? If OnPrem, which version - so that we can test, provide patch accordingly.

It is on-Prem, and we installed 16.09.

I am facing this issue as well on version 4.17.09.00 OnPrem. Is there an estimate of when a patch will be available?

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan

we are using 4.17.05 on prem version & we are also facing same issue. May we know, when this issue will be fixed?

I have reached out to the team to provide me an update. Will update once I hear from the team. Apologies, this went down in priority as it was a trace issue. I am pushing to up the priority and come up with a plan. Thanks for your patience

Hey @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan

We have this same bug in the SaaS (Version 180228) as well. Please communicate appropriately. Thanks.

Sure. Will do.

I've just confirmed, by reproducing, that this is indeed a bug, not sure if its a regression, as I've not been able to find an internal bug identifier yet.

I've never heard of this problem. Do raise a ticket documenting the problem. Is it Trace UI only? Or .. does the StatsCollector actually affect the call made to the backend target?

8938-statistics-bug.png

It is just a UI issue, it does not affect the target request. When selecting the target "dot" both the Trace UI and Show Curl show target as "undefined". It only occurs when a Target Server is used.

To reproduce, create a simple proxy with a Target Server and a Statistics Collector policy on the Proxy Pre Flow. Disable / enable Statistics Collector and observe trace.

Internal b/138643275

Hello, is there a timeline for when this problem will be fixed?

It's kind of annoying when we are have multiple target servers in the proxy and the Trace doesn't help in making sure if the request was sent to the right target server.

in use cases where I'm disabling path suffix, conditionally choosing a target server, adding a new path suffix, adding one or more query params to target request, this step is critical to making sure this was formed right in Apigee before testing why a target isn't responding as expected.