view apikey or client secret key

Not applicable

Hello,

As far as , I understood the apigee, i will need to create app and should refer developer and product to that app. When app is been created, it will automatically create api key. i can create api proxies with apikey as security option under api product . when i want to access that api url, i need to pass apikey as query param . now, i am totally confused where would i get the apikey.i am not able to view the apikey.

As per my understanding,apikey and client secret key is same and would be generated for each developer registered. But i am not able to see the any secret or key any where.

Please provide me the steps to view it which i can use it to access my api proxy url Also i tried these steps - http://docs.apigee.com/api/developer-app-keys - to create and others actions but it is giving Forbidden issue.

Please help me out which api key to pass and client and id and secretkey are same and where to view in apigee.com

Solved Solved
0 4 965
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

Hi @zalak pathak ,

Welcome to Apigee community !!

You can view the API Key and secret in Developer Apps tab.

1. Navigate to Publish -> Developer Apps.

2. Select the App.

3. You will see Consumer Key and Consumer Secret under credentials section as shown below:

4191-devapp.png

To clarify on your confusion with API key, API key is same as Consumer Key shown above. You can use consumer key for API calls. You will hear different terms for API key like Client ID, Consumer Key, App Key, all refer to same key which is consumer key in this case 🙂

Also just make sure the status of the api key is approved

Let us know if that works for you!!

View solution in original post

Not applicable
@zalak pathak

To view the apikey or (consumer key)i.e same. Goto Publish-->Developer Apps-->Check the App name which you might have created.Click on the app name under that you will find a section Credentials in which click on show button for consumer key which is your apikey.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi @zalak pathak ,

Welcome to Apigee community !!

You can view the API Key and secret in Developer Apps tab.

1. Navigate to Publish -> Developer Apps.

2. Select the App.

3. You will see Consumer Key and Consumer Secret under credentials section as shown below:

4191-devapp.png

To clarify on your confusion with API key, API key is same as Consumer Key shown above. You can use consumer key for API calls. You will hear different terms for API key like Client ID, Consumer Key, App Key, all refer to same key which is consumer key in this case 🙂

Also just make sure the status of the api key is approved

Let us know if that works for you!!

Not applicable
@zalak pathak

To view the apikey or (consumer key)i.e same. Goto Publish-->Developer Apps-->Check the App name which you might have created.Click on the app name under that you will find a section Credentials in which click on show button for consumer key which is your apikey.

Thanks guys for the help. Initially it was hidden so i couldn't view it on the first sight. After clicking show button, i am able to see the same. Thank you so much.

@zalak pathak If this answered your question then please accept the answer. 🙂