Buy Apigee Edge Start

Hi,

I have a free Apigee account for my organization and we have planned to move to paid account with Apigee Edge Start. But before doing that i have few questions below:

1) If I buy the Apigee Edge Start, do i need to again crate a new org and all the APIs from scratch? Or can i migrate my existing account to paid account?

2) On the pricing page it shows an option for 1 month free trial, so will my first month be free after I purchase Apigee Edge Start, and from second month you will start charging?

3) If i wish to discontinue from the paid account say after 1 year or 6 months, will i be able to do that? If yes, what will be the implication?

4) The biggest reason we are moving from free to paid account is that we need to white-lable the domain name. If we discontinue from paid account in future can we still carry forward the whitle-lable domain names in free account?

We be really helpful if you can answer these queries asap, as we are planning to move to paid account very soon.

Thanks,

Kumud

Solved Solved
1 4 301
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1) If I buy the Apigee Edge Start, do i need to again crate a new org and all the APIs from scratch? Or can i migrate my existing account to paid account?

You need to create new org. You can export the API Proxies & Import them into new org. New org name will be different. It's easy, Community here can help you.

2) On the pricing page it shows an option for 1 month free trial, so will my first month be free after I purchase Apigee Edge Start, and from second month you will start charging?

No, You will be billed from the first month.

3) If i wish to discontinue from the paid account say after 1 year or 6 months, will i be able to do that? If yes, what will be the implication?

Yes, you can able to do that. I will let you know more details.

4) The biggest reason we are moving from free to paid account is that we need to white-lable the domain name. If we discontinue from paid account in future can we still carry forward the whitle-lable domain names in free account?

No, You cannot continue with white label solution if your paid plan expires.

About the domain names we wish to use, can i register and own those domain names or it is apigee who owns them?

Yes, You can register your own domain name anywhere. You will own same. We will help you setup virtualhost using which you can whitelabel API using your domain name.

Can you forward a link on how to use my own domain name in Apigee ?

Apigee support will help you do that once you buy Apigee Edge Start.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

About the domain names we wish to use, can i register and own those domain names or it is apigee who owns them?

Can you forward a link on how to use my own domain name in Apigee.

Thanks,

Kumud

You need to create new org. You can export the API Proxies & Import them into new org. New org name will be different. It's easy, Community here can help you.

No, You will be billed from the first month.

Yes, you can able to do that. I will let you know more details.

No, You cannot continue with white label solution if your paid plan expires.

Yes, You can register your own domain name anywhere. You will own same. We will help you setup virtualhost using which you can whitelabel API using your domain name.

Can you forward a link on how to use my own domain name in Apigee ?

Apigee support will help you do that once you buy Apigee Edge Start.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response. Just one more question:

Can i update my API base path after i buy Apigee edge start?

for example the base path now is:

myorg-env.apigee.net/api/v1

I want to remove "api" from the base path:

myorg-env.apigee.net/v1

Is this possible in paid account?

Thanks,

Kumud

@Kumud Gautam , Yes, It's possible. You can update proxy base paths anytime. It's part of the API Proxy & Not tied to virtual hosts / orgs. BasePath is associated with Proxy, You can create multiple proxies with multiple basepaths too. Apigee is very much flexible to innovate & design your APIs as required.