Security access violation when attempting to execute JavaScript policy

I'm receiving the following error message when attempting to execute a custom JS Policy step in my API Proxy via Apigee Edge:

{"fault":{"faultstring":"Security violation access denied (\"java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission\" \"suppressAccessChecks\") while executing step Ping","detail":{"errorcode":"steps.javascript.ScriptSecurityError"}}} 

The JS module itself doesn't seem to be executing; I've tried different JS content including a single commented line, and the error keeps occurring. I've tried this in multiple environments, and the same thing happens in each.

I notice that a similar topic was raised in the community here. The answer seems to have been "Sorry this should be working now" which suggests it's something in the configuration of my environment and nothing I have done?

0 6 239
6 REPLIES 6

Can you send me the JS code that is running for that step?

Hi @John Ferguson,

We need to identify whether this is a problem with the Proxy Code or it is related to the platform (something like https://status.apigee.com/incidents/h9qmcx1b9k5b )

Feel free to drop me an email to help identify the problem, then we can post the solution back on here.

Many thanks, Sean

I raised the fault with Apigee Support and they've resolved it. It was a problem in the configuration of the message processors.

Hi John, Can you elaborate on the solution? How was the problem corrected, do you know? (Just wanna share with anyone in the future who might come across a similar problem.)

Apigee Support didn't elaborate in the ticket response other than that they had identified a configuration issue with my instance and they had corrected it.

I think my advice to other people reading this thread with a similar issue is to raise a support ticket. It's nothing you have done, nor is there anything you can do to correct it on your own.

Thanks, John.