Smartdocs for OAuth and Basic Authentication combined

Not applicable

Hi,

APIGEE smartdocs provides nice option to get the buttons for security / authentication like Basic, apikey and OAuth.

We want to use the Basic and OAuth options together where we will have 4 fields which are client_id, client_secret, username and passsword in the popup which comes when we select option of security in the Models revisions section.

How can we achieve this, I believe we need to do customized version of smartdocs security type where we can allow users to enter specified 4 parameters.

Is there any other approach, as this looks like time consuming customization in Smart docs ?

Thanks,

Prathamesh

0 3 252
3 REPLIES 3

@Prathamesh Kelaskar I think what you are asking for is a password grant

We do not have OOB support for this but I have written a sample custom module which you can modify to implement this.

https://github.com/giteshk/smartdocs_oauth_additions

Hi @Gitesh,

Thanks for the module link, I will take a look at that. It will be great if it solves the problem.

Let me restate our requirement in bit different way,

We are trying to get is use both password grant type and OAuth together for better security.

In this case we will need user's credentials as well as OAuth credentials for an App of a user.

That's the reason I mentioned we need to show 4 fields which includes username, password, client_id and client_secret in the popup that we get in Smartdocs when we enable OAuth / Basic security type. May be we need to add another security type in Smartdocs for this kind of custom oauth token.

I hope it is much clear.

Thanks,

Prathamesh

@Prathamesh You will need to get CS involved and schedule time for finishing this request.