How Do I Reset Google Authenticator?

dave_aiello
Participant III

I had to replace my iPhone 6s last week due to a battery problem. After I restored my iCloud backup on to the new iPhone, I realized that I no longer have the Apigee setup in Google Authenticator.

How do I reset Google Authenticator for use with Apigee?

Solved Solved
0 1 1,050
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dave_aiello
Participant III

I figured out how to reset the Google Authenticator:

1. Went into my account at https://accounts2.apigee.com/accounts/my_account using a notebook computer and a browser.
  2. Followed the link labeled "Configure Two Factor Authentication".
  3. Removed the existing device from my account by clicking "Unlink".
  4. Clicked "Setup Two-Factor Authentication" on the next screen.
  5. On my iPhone, I tapped "BEGIN SETUP", then "Scan barcode".
  6. Named my device on the notebook computer's browser console, scanned the barcode displayed on the notebook's screen into the Google Authenticator app, entered the new six-digit code produced by Google Authenticator into the notebook's browser console, and clicked the button labeled "Link your device".

This resulted in the Google Authenticator displaying rotating authentication codes for Apigee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dave_aiello
Participant III

I figured out how to reset the Google Authenticator:

1. Went into my account at https://accounts2.apigee.com/accounts/my_account using a notebook computer and a browser.
  2. Followed the link labeled "Configure Two Factor Authentication".
  3. Removed the existing device from my account by clicking "Unlink".
  4. Clicked "Setup Two-Factor Authentication" on the next screen.
  5. On my iPhone, I tapped "BEGIN SETUP", then "Scan barcode".
  6. Named my device on the notebook computer's browser console, scanned the barcode displayed on the notebook's screen into the Google Authenticator app, entered the new six-digit code produced by Google Authenticator into the notebook's browser console, and clicked the button labeled "Link your device".

This resulted in the Google Authenticator displaying rotating authentication codes for Apigee.