Performance issues / poor response times

Not applicable

We are having intermittent performance issues with our new API where the response time can be from 300 ms up to 20 seconds. The way in which I have tested this is a small console application that records the time before and after a simple request. Then this is put in a loop 1000 times and these results saved in a CSV file. Looking at the response times in excel there are large peaks in response times, they are not at regular intervals either. The data being requested is exactly the same.

I have been unable to see anything obvious from a trace on apigee. I dont think it is an issue on our network because a customer has reported the issue and i have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 2 748
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @damianmartin - Do you know if the target response time is not high ? Could be possible that the target is not performant. You can check the Target Performance using the Analytics dashboard

I am new to using and developing API's, What is considered a high target response time and what should I be looking for