Account not creating in Apigee edge

Not applicable

Hi,

Over the weekend we had a customer register for the developer portal and then attempt to create a new app. When creating this new app they get the following error.

"There was an error trying to create the App. Please try again later."

They are unable to create their application.

When checking the dblog on the portal I found this in the error log for the api call to apigee edge ot get the user apps list.

"Developer named Name@CustomerEmail.us does not exist in organization"

I checked the connection between the portal and apigee edge and did not find any issues, I created new user accounts and successfully used them to add new apps. And my old accounts and testing accounts were all able to successfully use the portal.

We checked the Developer list in Apigee Edge management pages, and did not see this user, but did see the users created before and after this user.

We even completely deleted the old user account, and created a new user account with the same username/e-mail and other details. But this new user account was still not able to make apps, and got the same error as before.

What else can we try to do to correct this issue? This developer needs to be able to add apps.

Why is this one user not propagating into Apigee Edge?

Solved Solved
0 4 888
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

We used the Dev Portal Developer Sync function under the people menu and it added this one user to Apigee edge and we were able to successfully test using this account. However this also brought over a other accounts of ours we had been using to test from edge that we didn't need.

This function solves the Account not found in edge problem, but we still do not understand why this happened in the first place? Was there any issues or downtime with Apigee's APIs over the weekend, and why wouldn't this account have been created and every other account was?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

We used the Dev Portal Developer Sync function under the people menu and it added this one user to Apigee edge and we were able to successfully test using this account. However this also brought over a other accounts of ours we had been using to test from edge that we didn't need.

This function solves the Account not found in edge problem, but we still do not understand why this happened in the first place? Was there any issues or downtime with Apigee's APIs over the weekend, and why wouldn't this account have been created and every other account was?

@Mike Legacy , Looks like Apigee Edge issue, Changes might not be reflected in cassandra, Can you open a support ticket with Apigee for root cause analysis ?

Hi @Anil Sagar, we have a ticket open already, and are scheduled for a call shortly.

We'll look into it more with them. That's what I suspected too.

We found the original error to be a break in the connection due to Apigee management API downtime. It was reported on https:/status.apigee.com and we were able to roughly match the time frame.