Configuring appdynamics agent for edge components

Hello,

I am trying to configure appdynamics agents on a multi node apigee edge setup.

Is there an out of the box method which I can use for hooking the appdyamics java agent to edge components.

For modifying java memory setting, I've seen this http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/modifying-java-settings. Is there any similar setting which can be used for an additional java parameter (the agent here)

It would be great if someone can provide any pointers on how to achieve this on a edge private cloud deployment.

Thanks

Thufael

0 2 1,165
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Ahammed Abdulla Thufael If you interested in monitoring Apigee system parameters, you could the JMX interface. Here's the help doc. I see AppDynamics support JMX interfaces. AFIAK there are no out-of-the-box agents available in Edge for AppDynamics integration.

JMX agents do not provide deeper visibility of the traffic to App Dynamics. Java agents on the other hand instrument a Java application (Message Processor) and provide information on business transactions (API traffic) flowing through Message Processors.

App Dynamics Java agent is added by including parameters in the original command line of the Java application.

Are there any concerns with such an integration ?