Apache Kafka integration for publish and subscribe

Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to Apigee community. Is there any documents available for Kafka integration for publish to and subscribe from Kafka ?. I need to subscribe Kafka topic from Apigee routing to route a message to different back end system. I mean the router should behave like a consumer of Kafka messages.

Please help on this.

0 1 924
1 REPLY 1

Hi, can you elaborate more on what you need?

You wrote

I need to subscribe Kafka topic from Apigee routing to route a message to different back end system. I mean the router should behave like a consumer of Kafka messages.

I'm not clear on that. Maybe you could use a few more words, provide some examples, some illustrations. Imagine I know nothing about the system you are envisioning. Now try to describe what you want to accomplish. That might help clarify for me.

Specifically your phrase "...from Apigee routing..." doesn't make sense to me. I understand you want to route messages. Apigee Edge can receive a message, and then, based on the content of the message, or some other data that is available outside of the message context, can route that message to one of a number of backends. I understand the concept of routing and I understand how apigee can do routing.

Now, what exactly are you trying to do with this routing? How does kafka fit into the picture? Is kafka a target of the routed message? Is kafka providing some data on which the routing decision will depend?

Clarify.