Why two virtual hosts cannot have the same host alias

How can we use same Alias for different VH in different org's?

We recently upgraded from OPDK from 4.15.04 to 4.16.01.06 & during the installation of MP it throw error because we have same alias with different port in different org's

1)Why two virtual hosts cannot have the same host alias

Prior to upgrade we had below setup & was working without any issues

eg:

Org Test1

VH :

Name Port Alias

Secure 9001 abc.test.com:9001

Default 9002 abc.test.com:9002

Org Test2

VH :

Name Port Alias

To

Org Test1

VH :

Name Port Alias

Org Test2

VH :

Name Port Alias

Secure 9003 abc.test.com:9003

Default 9004 abc.test.com:9004

==

Now we are forced to modify the alias as the installation is not moving ahead.

Now this is an issue with the api proxies are been invoked.This is change to the FW(as rmp sits in dmz-need to open new ports)/endusers/systems which calls the API's.We have quite a few Api's running in prd & with this change its hard to re-do the changes..

What is the best solution to avoid any changes to the users?

Question 2:If we upgrade from 4.16.01.06 to 4.16.09 as per doc we need to have JDK 1.8.

We have few java callout with in proxies & wondering if we need to repackage/re-deploy or is it transparent & works seamless with out any changes?

0 2 231
2 REPLIES 2

For Question1 :

Did some tests & reverted back the VH configurations to use the earlier setup & it works.
No changes required to the endpoints. It just that during the setup it was enforcing but after the setup is done we can re-do the VH’s to use same host alias.

Hi @vinay poreddy,

As far as I know, the port of the VHOST across organizations should be different. In your OLD configuration, I see that the port 9001 and 9002 are also used in both the ORGs and this will lead to issues. I am wondering how was it working.

How will the router determine to which PORT it has to send request to which ORG as both the org has same ports?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Bhandari