SmartDocs IE compatibility issue

Not applicable

Hi,

We are using the default Apigee smartdocs feature to implement the Try it(Send this request) capability of developer portal. This works in almost all the browsers except for IE(Version 11). On investigation, we found that desktop have compatibility mode enabled for the portal and when we disable this manually, it works. However, since this is a global client setting for all users, we want to fix this from apigee portal end. I could see that actual request/response but not showing up in portal.(FYI: We already have the html metadata X-UA-Compatible setting enabled but still face this issue)

When fired from IE, the requests as below.

ORG.MOZILLA.JAVASCRIPT.UNDEFINED@61800912 /api/v2/organizations/MDT/diabetes/subscriptions HTTP/1.1

Whereas when fired from other browsers, it looks as below in request.

POST /api/v2/organizations/MDT/diabetes/subscriptions HTTP/1.1

Any idea on how to solve this. Please assist.

0 1 192
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hi @Karthikeyan,

I would recommend to check drupal performance configurations on lower environments first to confirm if disabling JavaScript aggregation and testing it again on IE 11. Sometimes due to different /tmp folder structure of pantheon it might happen that you may get broken JS aggregated or JS aggregation fails.

If you get this error try to disable the Javascript aggregation clear caches from pantheon admin and try again. If it works on lower environments then try it on production, sometimes results differ, it will work in dev and test environment but may not work in production. I am still investigating more about this issue.

I hope this might help in your case.

Thanks,

Prathamesh