how to remove header from apigee drupal developer portal home page and add my own custom style

Not applicable

I am working on project where, I need to change UI of page from top to bottom. I need to remove header with header title and need to add new content to main content area and also remove those default blog posts and comments.

Please guide me ho do I archive my task?

I have gone through all available documents but, those are not entirely useful at this moment.

Thank you for you kind help.

Solved Solved
0 5 1,731
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi ,

Let's breakdown your questions and answer one by one.

• How to remove header ?

It depends whether you have full access to developer portal or only limited access. If you are a free customer of Apigee only limited things you can do like changing the Appearance of Main Menu as mentioned here.

If you are a paid customer of Apigee, You should have full access to the Developer portal where you can write your own custom css as well as customer templates, themes to change the look of the Developer Portal from top to bottom. If you are a paid customer do not have access, please open a support ticket to get access. To build a new theme or change templates you might need little bit of Drupal Expertise.

• Remove Default Blogs, Comments, Forum Blocks from Home Page.

Those blocks you see in home page are enabled using Context module. You can remove them by navigating to "admin/structure/context" as an administrator > Click on Edit button Next to home context > Click on Blocks in reactions section and remove blocks from content region. See screen shot below for more details.

371-screen-shot-2015-04-30-at-54033-pm.png

• Adding new content to the home page

Create new Blocks by navigating to Structure -> Blocks. Using the above context home page screen you can add blocks created to the home page. Read more about context module here.

View solution in original post

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi .

Detailed article is available now in Apigee Community.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Did you see this page in the doc:

http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customize-appearance

It describes this process.

Stephen

Also, if you have to customize the theme, this page might help:

http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/customizing-theme

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi ,

Let's breakdown your questions and answer one by one.

• How to remove header ?

It depends whether you have full access to developer portal or only limited access. If you are a free customer of Apigee only limited things you can do like changing the Appearance of Main Menu as mentioned here.

If you are a paid customer of Apigee, You should have full access to the Developer portal where you can write your own custom css as well as customer templates, themes to change the look of the Developer Portal from top to bottom. If you are a paid customer do not have access, please open a support ticket to get access. To build a new theme or change templates you might need little bit of Drupal Expertise.

• Remove Default Blogs, Comments, Forum Blocks from Home Page.

Those blocks you see in home page are enabled using Context module. You can remove them by navigating to "admin/structure/context" as an administrator > Click on Edit button Next to home context > Click on Blocks in reactions section and remove blocks from content region. See screen shot below for more details.

371-screen-shot-2015-04-30-at-54033-pm.png

• Adding new content to the home page

Create new Blocks by navigating to Structure -> Blocks. Using the above context home page screen you can add blocks created to the home page. Read more about context module here.

Not applicable

Thank you @sgilson for your quick response. I tried those thing but, Mine is more custom than those documents.

Thank you @asagar. I have to delete welcome-header.jpg"Welcome to the New Apigee Site" in this image "Welcome Header.jpeg". In fact , I need to delete that header.

Also, I need to modify area below this header which is in image "default blog post.jpeg". I would like to set my custom image in back ground and either form or hyper link. default-blog-post.jpg

Please guide me.

Thank you.

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi .

Detailed article is available now in Apigee Community.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar