Does Apigee have an LTS policy for Edge Microgateway?

Not applicable

Is there likely to be an LTS policy for edgemicro since it will be installed and deployed on-premise, where rapid upgrades can be a challenge?

Related, what is the Apigee policy for fixing regressions? 2.1.x is the latest published version of edgemicro. We've done all our testing on 2.0.12, and just recently upgraded to the latest non-beta version and found a regression whereby HTTP keepalive connections are not used between edgemicro and the target.

Versions 2.2 and 2.3 never made it out of beta, and now it looks like we're jumping all the way to 2.4.

0 1 201
1 REPLY 1

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Thank you @David Teirney

There are 2-3 questions there and I will do my best to address them.

1) What about challenges related rapid releases?

I think we want to continue release features as quickly as we can. That said, we don't expect everyone the adopt the latest features right away. I would expect enterprises to pick a version (that meets their requirements) then use a style like:

npm install -g edgemicro@2.X.X

to install a specific version. That way you are insulated from changes in the newer versions.

2) what is the policy for fixing regressions?

We will fix any regression in the version it was found and all newer releases affected by it. This policy should be same as Apigee Edge.

3) Version numbers

It is true that 2.2 never made it out of beta. We have not decided if 2.3.0 will be released (along with the fixes found for defects found during beta testing) or if we need to bump it to 2.4.0. For both of these versions, we added more features to the beta causing a bump in the version before GA.