Can I use something other than operationId to display the page name in Smartdocs?

Not applicable

When I use Smartdocs to generate a page in my developer portal's documentation, the page title, and it's name in the navigational elements, is drawn from Swagger's operationId.

So, for example, in our Smartdocs-powered API catalog, the display names in the left-hand menu, and the page titles, come from the operationId field in our swagger spec.

This is problematic, because the description of the operationId field in the Open API specification is

Unique string used to identify the operation. The id MUST be unique among all operations described in the API. Tools and libraries MAY use the operationId to uniquely identify an operation, therefore, it is recommended to follow common programming naming conventions.

Unfortunately, because we use the operationId for a display name, the recommendation to follow common programming naming conventions is something we can't do. This is an issue for developers using the code generated from our Swagger Codegen.

It would be much better if we could use the summary field for this purpose - it seems to be a better fit. Both Postman and Swagger UI both behave this way. Is there some way to configure this in Smartdocs?

2 1 806
1 REPLY 1

@Marsh Gardiner , @Daniel Johnson , Any help here ?