Using Devconnect app variables in custom pages

Not applicable

Hi,

I've already done some minor customization to the "devconnect_developer_apps_list.tpl.php" file to style the "My Apps" page on the developer portal and I am familiar with the variables and was wondering if it was possible to access these functions/variables in another custom page.

For example, If I want a separate portal page to list all of the apps a current user has and the basic information(styled appropriately), how should I go about this?

I've tried using the same php functions/variables as in the my apps template, and as expected the variables did not display. Are there any recommended methods for accessing these?

I may be missing something completely obvious, so I'll keep looking into it in the meantime.

Thanks,

Mike

Solved Solved
0 6 363
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mike Legacy ,

To understand how Developer Portal Apps listing works, take a look at "devconnect_developer_apps.module" file in "/profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/devconnect_developer_apps" folder , "devconnect_developer_apps_getlist" function. Remember, Never ever edit any core files. All customizations should go into "sites/all/" folder as custom modules.

You need to work with functions / hooks exposed by devconnect modules & build a custom module. It needs Drupal Module development expertise. I suggest working with in-house Drupal Expert / Hire someone who can quickly implement same.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Mike Legacy , Yes, You can absolutely do that & display apps information in some other pages. You need to work with functions exposed by devconnect modules & build a custom module. It needs Drupal Module development expertise. I suggest working with in-house Drupal Expert / Hire someone who can quickly implement same.

@Mike Legacy ,

To understand how Developer Portal Apps listing works, take a look at "devconnect_developer_apps.module" file in "/profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/devconnect_developer_apps" folder , "devconnect_developer_apps_getlist" function. Remember, Never ever edit any core files. All customizations should go into "sites/all/" folder as custom modules.

You need to work with functions / hooks exposed by devconnect modules & build a custom module. It needs Drupal Module development expertise. I suggest working with in-house Drupal Expert / Hire someone who can quickly implement same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @Anil Sagar it was just the understanding of what hooks you exposed that I was missing. I've got it working now with the data I needed.

Awesome @Mike Legacy , Glad to know issue is resolved. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

Hi @Anil Sagar ,

I have another question, If I want to update an app or make a new app request from a custom module. Are those hooks exposed, and where would I find them.

Basically if I wanted to create another page with the functionality of the '/user/me/apps/add' page how would I go about this. Is this something that is possible? I've been looking at the code and haven't seen anything I find useful yet.

Thanks,

Mike

@Mike Legacy , Great Questions, Can you please post as a new question for better visibility ? Thank you.