Is there a way to lock an organisation user?

Hi Apigeeks,

Do we have a way to disable/lock an organisation user keeping all his roles?

If I remove all associated roles then that is as good as locking the user, but it's not a good solution as we will need to maintain a history or revision which roles were assigned to that user before.

I see that we have an API to unlock user if it get locked due to failed password attempts.

Solved Solved
1 2 289
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adas
Participant V

The api only allows "unlock", but there's no "lock" api. I don't think there's any other straight forward way of doing this.

One way would be to make the UPDATE call for the users API to change the password of the user, which means he would not be able to login with the old password and might eventually get locked out due to incorrect password attempts. But that's just a hack, which I would not recommend doing. Also this can only be done as a system administrator, so you won't be able to do this in Apigee Edge cloud version, unless you reach out to support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

adas
Participant V

The api only allows "unlock", but there's no "lock" api. I don't think there's any other straight forward way of doing this.

One way would be to make the UPDATE call for the users API to change the password of the user, which means he would not be able to login with the old password and might eventually get locked out due to incorrect password attempts. But that's just a hack, which I would not recommend doing. Also this can only be done as a system administrator, so you won't be able to do this in Apigee Edge cloud version, unless you reach out to support.

This is a hack, and does not really help. The user can immediately request a new password via self-service, and log in again...