Seamless Deploy Error causes outage

I implemented the seamless deployment in a CI/CD pipeline we have. There is one small issue where if you try to deploy the same revision it causes an error saying:

{
  "code" : "distribution.APIProxyRevisionAlreadyDeployed",
  "message" : "The revision 7 in APIProxy test-proxy of organization internal is already deployed into environment test",
  "contexts" : [ ]
}

The fact that there is an error doesn't really matter but it causes roughly a 12 second outage. I would expect the seamless deploy to check the revisions before hand and then fail without an outage if it is the same revision. Is this a known error? We have implemented a workaround in the meantime but I was wondering if this was going to be fixed any time soon?

Bamboo Pipeline Deploy step:

curl -f -X POST -H "Content-type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded" ${bamboo.apigee.host}/v1/organizations/${bamboo.apigee.organization}/environments/test/apis/${bamboo.maven.artifactId}/revisions/${bamboo.apigee.revision}/deployments?"override=true&delay=15" -u ${bamboo.apigee.user}:${bamboo.apigee.password}

We are using the apigee-deploy-maven-plugin to configure and upload the proxy then we are using the API to deploy it.

Solved Solved
0 4 317
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seamless deploys cannot deploy the same revision number.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @daniel.biales - Can you provide more info on how you are doing the seamless deployments? Using the API, plugins, etc ? More info on the pipeline also might be useful

Updated the question with more info.

Thanks @daniel.biales - Can you attach your pom file that you are using as part of the deploy plugin. Why not use the plugin itself to do the deployment. It has override option as well

Seamless deploys cannot deploy the same revision number.