zookeeper errors during oauth 2.0 performance testing

Hi everyone,

We encountered a recurring zookeeper error during a basic performance test of our oauth 2.0 authorization code grant_type flow. The below errors repeatedly occur while testing the oauth login page, the generation of the auth code, generation of access_token, the refresh token functionality, and the revoke access token functionality. The calls are made in succession (mimicking a typical use case flow order).

The test is run with only 1 concurrent user, at 1-5 TPS, and the test duration is 5 minutes.

2015-04-28 02:05:40,199 [myid:1] - WARN  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@349] - caught end of stream exception
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0x0, likely client has closed socket
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:220)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:208)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

These errors do not occur for our QC functional testing (very low volume).

Has anyone seen these errors before, and/or does anyone know if we should be worried about our infrastructure or applications?

Best, Chris

0 5 1,039
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

@Chris Covney Do you see which component is the client in the logs ?

i did not notice any mention of the client. is it supposed to be referenced in the logged event?

Not applicable

I was just thinking if logs captured more info as I remember seeing socket timeout exceptions earlier with client ip .

BTW can you see if all the components .. Cassandra , Mps and mgmt servers are running well and any exceptions in their system logs ?

Not applicable

Hello Chris,

Is this still an issue for you? If so, could you respond to Maruti's questions in his last post. If it's a non-issue, we can close it out.

Not applicable

Hello @Chris Covney - Is this still a problem for you?