difficulty in selecting appropriate authentication method

Not applicable

we've created an add-on application for JIRA cloud. The plugin can be used to bring test management capabilities to your JIRA projects. We want to provide our customers an API server to enable them to access the data inside our servers. At this stage, we're not using any API management solution. Looked at APIGEE Edge platform and it looks feature rich product. I am quite new to APIGEE and want help in understanding two things:

1) We've a test case importer utility(java executable jar file), which allows the user to easily import test cases from Excel spreadsheets or XML files. To run the import utility we must give the appropriate parameters to the importer(URL for our installation, Username and password, API Key, Secret Access Key). If connection attempt is successful the Project list box will appear and now user can start importing the test cases.

I created an API Proxy and defined the correct target URL endpoint that will be invoked on behalf of the API proxy. Same URL is used in the import utility. I'm not sure which Authorization type shall I select (OAuth 2.0, API Key) while creating API proxy because all the parameters(username, password etc) has to be passed to the backend for authentication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2) For setting up an API Proxy do we first require to Create Product(collection of APIs), then Create Developer accounts and register their applications or is it possible to directly create API proxy, point it to our backend, apply all the required policies and share the URL of our API proxy so that developers apps can start consuming our APIs.

0 1 164
1 REPLY 1

1. Assuming the app is trusted, it is suggested to go ahead with resource owner password (or "password") grant type
  2. Here is a way to implement this -

Implementing the password grant type