Response steps not shown/executed while tracing

Not applicable

Hello,

I am rather new to apigee so excuse me if this is the wrong forum to post to.

We are currently trying to modify the response received by SOAP call (add a Header for now) and return the modified response in json format. (xml to json)

To do so, one of proxy end point has 3 Response steps, one that makes the transformation required (AssignMessage), one that transforms the xml-to-json and a Message-Logging step as well. I can see those 3 steps in the graphical representation of the endpoint in the Develop tab.

While testing in the Trace tab however, only the xml-to-json step appears in transaction map, both the AssignMessage and the Message-Logging one are missing. Why?

I also made sure that the correct revision is deployed while testing (revision 3).

Both the proxy and trace are attached to this post.

Thanks for your help!

Solved Solved
0 1 191
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Martin Tétreault ,

When you are creating the SOAP request you are overwriting the request.verb to "POST" which makes the response flow conditions to false.

3951-capture.png

To solve this problem first, copy the request.verb into a local variable with Assign Message and when the response is returned from target server re-write that variable back to request.verb may be in target pre-flow best place to do this.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Martin Tétreault ,

When you are creating the SOAP request you are overwriting the request.verb to "POST" which makes the response flow conditions to false.

3951-capture.png

To solve this problem first, copy the request.verb into a local variable with Assign Message and when the response is returned from target server re-write that variable back to request.verb may be in target pre-flow best place to do this.

Cheers!