How do I add a API test console in developer portal ?

Not applicable

Am I incorrect in assuming that API Console (for testing APIs) are not part of the Developer Portal ?

If that is the case, then its quite sad, but I also see that there is a way to create a Console to Go and add that to an external site, and I believe that can also be the generated developer portal.

If so, are there any step-by-step guides on how to do this ?

Also, why do I need to design a WADL if my API is already defined in apigee .. just seems like an unnecessary extra step, if I am trying to use it not for external APIs but ones I ave already designed in apigee API management?

0 1 832
1 REPLY 1

@Shahed Moolji ,

We no longer support Apigee Console ToGo. Please use smartdocs in developer portal to have interactive documentation & testing capabilities. Smartdocs supports OpenAPI Spec, WADL.

Please refer Apigee Docs to learn more about smartdocs.

Regarding, Also, why do I need to design a WADL if my API is already defined in Apigee ?

• Apigee doesn't store any API runtime data like request / response. You need API runtime meta information like query params / headers / response structure etc to design API documentation.
  • Only some info is available part of proxy.
  • Take a look at Spec generator tool that we got, which will help you generate OpenAPI Spec from any existing API.

Hope it helps.