How can i explain policies in one sentence?

I am preparing some reports for apigee in my company. How can i explain policy in another word? Is precaution fit for this? @sudheendra1 @Ozan Seymen @David Allen

Solved Solved
1 5 410
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

How about this:

"A policy is an out-of-the-box Apigee functionality that is configured via XML and can be attached to request/response flows in order to add-value to an existing API."

Examples include quota policy, Verify API key policy, Statistics collector policy, etc.

View solution in original post

A policy is a piece of configuration written in XML that can be used to modify the behavior of a HTTP request/response flow during execution of an Apigee proxy.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

How about this:

"A policy is an out-of-the-box Apigee functionality that is configured via XML and can be attached to request/response flows in order to add-value to an existing API."

Examples include quota policy, Verify API key policy, Statistics collector policy, etc.

A policy is a building block of the request/response processing pipeline of an API performing tasks like data transformation, caching, security, mashup etc.

Not applicable

A policy is an Apigee provided configurable action that works on an API request/response providing an easy, performant, and secure method of performing common API manipulation steps.

A policy is a piece of configuration written in XML that can be used to modify the behavior of a HTTP request/response flow during execution of an Apigee proxy.

A policy is like a module (or an enforcement) that implements a specific, limited management function.Policies provide features like security, rate-limiting, transformation, and mediation capabilities, saving you from having to code and maintain this functionality on your own.