Analytics per Proxy Endpoint

Not applicable

Hi,

I've noticed that we can see analytics per api proxy, but I don't see a way to filter down these results to just certain endpoints. This is really critical for us, as we have proxies with up to 10+ endpoints, and need analytics for each one.

Thanks,

Aleks

0 10 907
10 REPLIES 10

HI @aleks1 - when you say 10+ end points, are you referring to 10 flows (resources) in your proxy ? And you want reports on them ?

10 different flows. As in, ten different paths (/inventory/quantity, /orders/status, /salesorders, etc.) with their own flow that converge to a single target endpoint.

HI @aleks1

In Custom Report, there is a dimension for Proxy Path Suffix you can select that will give you the stats for each calls that were made to those resources

You can create a Custom report with Proxy as the first dimension and Proxy Path Suffix as the second dimension. Save the report

3837-screen-shot-2016-10-28-at-122653-pm.png

On a given time range, the report should show traffic info across proxies which is the first dimension.

3838-screen-shot-2016-10-28-at-122710-pm.png

On clicking the proxy (in my case, I clicked the uberapi proxy), you should be able to drill down to another graph that shows the report per path suffix within that proxy

3839-screen-shot-2016-10-28-at-123107-pm.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You can create a report with just Proxy Path Suffix as One dimension, but with the way I mentioned, its more easier to get the values for each proxies. Otherwise you would see across all which could make the report confusing

@Sai Saran Vaidyanathan

Hello, tried your way, but how can I see the response time per call for a specific path?

HI @ali1

That can be done by adding another Metrics "Total Response Time".

3843-screen-shot-2016-10-28-at-51754-pm.png

You should be able to see both the metrics in the same report

3844-screen-shot-2016-10-28-at-51803-pm.png

The graph on the top gives the traffic count for each base path and the one below has the response time (average).

Hope this helps

HI @ali1/@aleks1

Did that work ? If it did, please accept the answer so that its useful for others

Your suggestion are working. But I was trying to do open period like get an aggregate results for 3 months. The report does not allow me more than 15 days period. is the a way to have free date/time range?

HI @ali1

For that you might need to use the Management Stats API. I just ran this curl command to get the JSON response. You can use this and convert to a report

curl -X GET --header "Authorization:Basic *****" "https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/{org}/e/{env}/stats/proxy_pathsuffix?select=sum(message_count)&timeRange=10%2F01%2F2016%2000%3A00~10%2F30%2F2016%2023%3A59&timeUnit=week"<br>

You can provide your own time range you want. I have provided 10/01/2016 to 10/30/2016

More info here

Not applicable

That works but not when we have proxy suffixes with dynamically determined parameter. If I have a /path/{dynamically_determined_parameter} as the path suffix, it will treat each endpoint as a unique path. Is there any suggested ways to do this?